WordPress is a very popular web-based application used as a platform for creating and managing WordPress sites.
WordPress is developed using the PHP programming language and MySQL database.
How to Install WordPress
How to Install WordPress on a Windows Localhost – WordPress is a very popular blogging application. Some of the interesting features of WordPress such as ease of use and installation, as well as advanced features such as plugins and themes that make it even more powerful.
How to Setup WordPress
1. First, you need to install XAMPP on your computer. If you don’t have it installed, please download it here.
2. Once XAMPP is installed, run the application and start Apache and MySQL.
3. Download WordPress here.
4. Extract the downloaded zip file into the C:\xampp\htdocs\ folder. You can customize the name of this new folder to your liking.
5. Open a browser and type http://localhost/foldername/. You will see a display like an image below:
6. Click the Create a Configuration File button to create a WordPress configuration file.
7. On the next page, you will be asked to fill in the WordPress database information. Enter the information as shown below:
How to Install a WordPress Theme
How to install a WordPress theme on localhost windows is quite easy. First, go to the wordpress.org site and download the theme you want. Then unzip the file and move it to the C:\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wp-content/themes folder.
After that, open the XAMPP Control Panel application, and start the Apache and MySQL services. Next, open a browser and go to localhost/wordpress. You will go to the main WordPress page.
Then log in using the username and password you created earlier. After logging in, click the Appearance menu > Themes. On this page, you can see a list of previously installed themes.
Click Activate to activate the newly installed theme. Done!
How to Install WordPress Plugins
How to install a WordPress plugin is very easy. You just need to follow a few simple steps to install it. First, open the WordPress plugin that you want to install. Then, click the “Install” button at the top right of the plugin page. Next, a pop-up will appear asking you to specify the location of the plugin installation. Choose a location that suits your needs, and click the “Install” button. The plugin will be automatically installed at the location you selected.
After the plugin has been successfully installed, you will need to do some configuration to set the plugin’s functionality. This configuration is usually done in the “Settings” or “Options” page of the plugin. Here you can specify options such as user name, password, server location, etc. If you’re not sure what you’re doing, always read the instructions that came with the plugin before changing any settings.